- This event has passed.
Arts After School
May 1 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm| $90 - $108
Arts After School Program
• School days from 3:30 – 5:00 pm
• Students in grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 welcome
• After school snack included
• Scholarships available
• Bus transportation provided (in town only)
• Pre-registration required
The Great Wave May 1 – 19 15 days/$90
During the last session of the year, the focus will be on the print titled “The Great Wave of Kanazawa”, by Katsushika Hokusai, one of Japan’s most famous artists. Students will also explore a variety of Japanese art forms including Calligraphy, Origami, Gyotaku (fish printing), and Koinobori(wind socks)while creating their own Japanese styled artwork in a variety of two and three dimensional forms. On May 5th, we will have a Children’s Day celebration to end the Golden Week of Japanese tradition.